Sunday, September 23, 2012

Pop Some Fun

I see fall decor going up all over.  Fall and winter are by far my favorite seasons of the year, the weather is cooler and I get to pull out my cold weather clothing and dress in layers.  I think everyone is ready for cooler weather and decorating for the holidays ahead.  While at Calloway's Nursery the other day I saw so many pumpkins, I never knew there were so many varieties.






Jarrahdale


 

Cinderella
 

Fairytale
 
 

Knucklehead

Peanut
 

Cheddar
 

Pie
 


Tri-colored corn is also used a lot in fall decor, but did you know you can pop it for a fun snack.




Cut off the husk  first and clean. Brush with oil or softened vegetable oil spread and season with salt and spices. Place in a paper bag fold down, put in microwave on regular setting for one and a half to two minutes.

Remove from oven,tear open bag, enjoy!



Fun activity to do with children.

Happy Popping!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment