Monday, September 17, 2012

I've Been Converted

When people find out that I am vegan they naturally assume I eats lots of tofu, but I don't, or I should say I didn't until now.  I never really liked the texture of tofu, but someone told me to give extra firm tofu a try. I purchased some from Whole Foods prepared foods bar and was surprised, I liked it, I liked it a lot.  It was prepared in a hot and spicy sauce and I like hot and spicy!  I was inspired, I purchased a package of Nasoya organic super firm tofu and I got creative. I fried it, sauteed it, baked it and wrapped it, I am  tofu convert.



Here are two of the dishes I prepared.







I cut the tofu in a 3x3 square seasoned it with salt, pepper and chipotle chile seasoning and pan fried.
Served the fried tofu on top a bed of baby kale and chard, topped it off with onions ans mushrooms sauteed in Trader Ming's General Tsao stir fry sauce, drizzled the pan drippings on top and sprinkled it with nutritional yeast. 

 
It was soooooo good!



My second recipe was baked tofu bites.
I dredged them in a wheat germ, panko crumb, nutritional yeast mixture with salt, pepper and crushed red pepper.
 
I served it with some chunky tomato sauce and
 Trader Joe's Mango Ginger Chutney.
The Mango Ginger Chutney was my favorite.
 
I would love to know how some of you prepare your tofu.
Let me know, so I give it a try.
  


No comments:

Post a Comment