Sunday, August 5, 2012

Panini Sliders


I purchased these little baby eggplants because I thought they they were so cute. I had no idea how I was going to prepare them.  And then there it was, the answer on SkinnyTaste.com. In her July 30th post she featured Eggplant Panini with Pesto sandwiches. 





I started a garden this year so I had loads of basil to use in the pesto.  I did make some changes however, because I am vegan I took out the Parmesan in the pesto and used 1/2 cup nutritional yeast and 3 tablespoons of sliced almonds.  The nutritional yeast gives it a cheesy flavor.


I used my George Foreman grill.



For the sandwich I used vegan rice mozzarella cheese to replace the traditional mozzarella.



I call them sliders beacuse they are small like sliders.
These little sandwiches were so delicious. Even my daughter who is a picky eater loved them.



No comments:

Post a Comment