Sunday, July 29, 2012

Absolutely Not Boring!









Yum Yum Yum


Lots of people think that since I have become vegan that I eat a lot of tofu and beans. And my food is boring.  Yes I eat beans sometimes, but I do not like tofu. Being vegan doesn't mean you have to eat boring food or prepackaged processed foods. I made a whole foods cereal for breakfast that was loaded with flavor.


I used dates.




dried coconut, and sliced almonds


I used the food processor to chop the dates, coconut and almonds together.
Removed them from the processor bowl and chopped half of a large apple.



I put everything in a large bowl.


I added hemp seed granola, dried cranberries and cinnamon.


I topped it off with some fresh blueberries.
I used Good Karma Flax Milk.



This milk is great!
It's dairy free, gluten free and soy free.
And it has 1200 mg of omega-3 per serving.
It is so creamy!
I purchased it from Whole Foods.


For lunch I made a grilled vegetable Panini.


I used my George Foreman grill to prepare
green and yellow zucchini, baby bella mushrooms red onion and yellow onions.
All sprinkled with sea salt and drizzled with extra virgin olive oil.

After grilling the veggies, I sliced the mushrooms and assembled a sandwich using
whole wheat bread.


I sprinkled the sandwich with almond parm cheese.
(I mixed nutrition yeast with almonds and finely chopped them in a food processor)
It really has a cheesy flavor and it even melts like cheese.
Grill the sandwich on my George Foreman grill.


It was so delicious!



And here is my beet spritzer.


I juiced together one beet and a slice of ginger.
The ginger gives it a kick.
Mixed with sparkling water and I was done.


 Refreshing beverage.
















No comments:

Post a Comment